Horse Riding Trails
Ridejozi Equestrian Ranch is the perfect place to come unwind from the hustle and bustle of the city, only 5 minutes from Fourways!
Escape into the bushveld on the back of our well trained horses and enjoy this special experience. Our horseback trails are easy enough for anyone to join, but we also have experienced trails for those that can ride.
No horse riding experience is required to join on a beginners ride and kids from the age of 6 can join. Our fantastic staff will meet you on arrival, and you are welcome to stay and relax afterwards at our farm restaurant.
In summer months, we have the option to swim on our horses in the dam.
We also have the option of bringing your own horses to do our trails.
Children under 6 can do pony rides. No children will be allowed to ride on the same horse with an adult on a trail.
Please make sure to read the important info at the bottom of the page.
Packages & Rates
One Hour Trails
Your experience starts with a basic intro of how to ride in the controlled environment of the yard on your trail horse – making sure you are comfortable before heading out. This is followed by a relaxed, quiet walk around the neighborhood. This trail is ideal if you’ve never ridden before!
Two Hour Trails
This is a two hour trail in and around RideJozi. The terrain is farm roads, and open fields, hills and dams to swim in or rivers to cross.
It is a faster ride and we do trot and canter, so you need to be comfortable and confident to ride on this trail.
R100/15 Minutes p/p
For kids under 6 that aren't quite ready to go on a trail, we offer a 15 minute fun pony ride, led by one of our guides!
Trail & Accommodation Package
R2000 for two people
Book a farm stay with us, and enjoy trail rides, feeding and grooming and a night in our self catering cottage. This package includes 1 night accommodation, and two horse trails for two people. The first trail is at 3pm on day of arrival, overnight in the self catering cottage, and a morning trail the following day. You are welcome to help feed and groom horses that morning too.
R1500 per couple p/p
This is the most beautiful way to pop the big question, or celebrate an anniversary or birthday! This includes a one-hour horse ride, returning to relax at your beautiful picnic set up for you on blankets and cushions. If you would like anything specific, such as flowers, rose petals put down, or a special song or certain setup etc... We do our best to make sure your special occasion is just perfect. The total cost is R1,500.00 per couple. A private one hour trial and a picnic basket including delectable picnic food and a bottle of wine (non-alcoholic or alcoholic).
Trails Hours are set and limited to Max 10 ppl and max 85kg
- PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE BOOKED TIME. Our rides leave at the exact time booked and we do not wait if you arrive late. If you are not there 15 minutes before booked time , your ride will be cancelled and not refunded.
- Please note- that on no trails do we gallop our horses whatsoever. You are to stay behind our guide at all times for the safety of our horses and the guests.
- Trail Prices for children are the same as adults.
- WEIGHT LIMIT: 85kg MAX. We have full discretion to cancel a trail with no refund if you are over 85kg on arrival.
- You are encouraged to bring carrots or apples to thank your trusted steed.
- No booking is confirmed until 50% deposit has been made- no exceptions. For balance of payment, we have credit card facilities or eft the day before. We do NOT accept cash.
- We supply hard hats.
- When booking a trail with us, please make sure to give us the following information:
- Your riding experience- (as a guideline, if you have ridden less than 50 times you will be a beginner)
- Your average weight (max 85kg) It is at our discretion to cancel a ride with no refund if you are over 85kg on arrival.
Please contact us on 0762916997 for any enquiries.