Peacock cottage is a self catering farm cottage on the Ridejozi Equestrian Ranch, only 5 minutes from Fourways.
Our goal is to provide comfortable accommodation in a very quiet, and peaceful setting for couples or small families to come relax and unwind from the busy schedules and the city and enjoy a bit of farm life.
This cottage is available for overnight or longer stays for those wanting to do a few trail rides and help out on the ranch with daily farm duties, such as grooming, feeding the animals and even helping with maintenance. How much or how little you want to do is up to you. You are able to bring your own horses with you on holiday, and enjoy our paddock, arena, stable if required and outrides.
Our farm animals love having guests stay over, and you will be visited by our resident pig, sheep, goats and of course, peacocks.
Our trail rides take us into the surrounding fields of Lanseria, and in summer you are able to have a swim on your horse in our dam.
The cottage includes
- 1 x Double bed
- 2 x sleeper couches in the lounge
- 1 x Bathroom with toilet, bath and shower
- Open plan lounge and kitchen area
- Outdoor small seating area with braai and firepit
- Safe parking
- Please note that there is NO TV
- Reception – small kiosk available for drinks, snacks and essential items (wood, suncream, charcoal, lighters, mosquito repellant, soap),free WIFI and animal snacks.
- Safety & Security – 24 Hr guards and canine unit patrols at night, alarm, electric fencing, fire extinguishers, ambulance on call.
- Cleaning services – Daily quick clean up included.
- Food & Drink – Self-catering facilities, OR The Farm Kitchen restaurant is available for pre-ordered dinner meals and is open from 9am for breakfast and lunch. The cottage kitchen is equipped with a kettle, toaster, microwave, sandwich machine, oven and stove, fridge, pots, pans, ovenware, cutlery and crockery, braai and tongs. Tea, coffee and milk are provided, and a water per person in the fridge. A small Sherry will be waiting for you on arrival.
- Bedroom – The cottage sleeps up to 4 max. Linen and hangers provided. There is an oil heater in the lounge and a fan heater in the bedroom for winter. The lounge has a ceiling fan for summer.
- Bathroom – Towels, Toilet paper, bubble bath, hand wash and sanitiser provided. Please bring your own toiletries.
- Parking – Safe parking • Pets- no pets allowed
- Internet- Free WIFI is available at the reception area only.
- Activities – Horseback riding trails, farm animal interaction, picnics (blankets available at reception), Jumping castle, Horse grooming and feeding, Horse riding lessons, Colouring pages for kids and adults, ring-toss, swingball and cards. You are welcome to bring your own bicycles. The trails and lessons need to be pre-booked when making your reservation. You will receive a R50 voucher for trail rides booked during your stay. The other activities are available at reception. We do not have any electronic devices. No loud noise or loud music is permitted being a tranquil, quiet farm.
✓ NO smoking inside the cottage.
✓ RATES: R800per night for the cottage. (sleeps up to 4 ppl max) Extras can be arranged such as, Bottle of wine on arrival etc…
✓ We are closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Reception operating hours are 9am-4pm.
✓ 50% payment is required to secure the booking. This is non- refundable.
✓ The balance of payment needs to be made on arrival via card machine or snapscan, or done via immediate EFT.
✓ Please inform us of expected arrival time beforehand.
✓ Children of any age are welcome. We do not however have cots available.
✓ No refunds of 50% deposits whatsoever on cancellation.
✓ You are able to postpone the booking no later than 7 days prior to booking date.
✓ No refunds for premature departures.